Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Life is scarier than death" - JSF

“I changed the course of human history!” “That’s right.” “I changed the universe!” “You did.” “I’m God!” “You’re an atheist.” “I don’t exist!”


“I’m sure people tell you this constantly, but if you looked up ‘incredibly beautiful’ in the dictionary, there would be a picture of you.” “People never tell me that.” “I bet they do.” “They don’t.” “Then you hang out with the wrong people.”


I try not to remember the life that I didn’t want to lose but lost and have to remember.


I needed to see her again, I couldn’t explain my need to myself, and that’s why it was such a beautiful need, there’s nothing wrong with not understanding yourself.


I’m sorry for my inability to let the unimportant things go, for my inability to hold on to the important things.


I thought, it’s a shame that we have to live, but it’s a tragedy that we get to live only one life, because if I’d had two lives, I would have spent one of them with her.


I missed you even when I was with you. That’s been my problem. I miss what I already have, and I surround myself with things that are missing.


We spent our lives making livings.


The memory of his arm wraps around me as his arm used to. Each day has been chained to the previous one. But the weeks have had wings. Anyone who believes that a second is faster than a decade did not live my life.


I regret that it takes a life to learn how to live, Oskar. Because if I were able to live my life again, I would do things differently. I would change my life.


Thinking would keep me alive. But now I am alive and thinking is killing me.


He looked confused, or embarrassed, or surprised, or maybe even mad. I couldn’t tell what he was feeling, because I couldn’t speak the language of his feelings.


“Look at me,” I tried but I couldn’t, she said, “Look at me or leave me. But don’t stay and look at anything else.”


Why didn’t I learn to treat everything like it was the last time, my greatest regret is how much I believed in the future.


“It’s a shame,” she said, “that life is so precious. It makes us worry so much.” “We worry so much, it’s all we do.”


A definite MUST read... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

No comments:

Post a Comment